Monday, June 20, 2011

City of Fish

Ah. The aquarist life style. An addict to keeping and maintaining aquariums. The constant need to read about, watch and purchase fish. The life of a chick, with a love for fish. Just not fishing. ;)

As of todays date, I have been a fish owner for only a year... maybe less.

Here is the story:

I never liked fish. I never wanted fish. I thought keeping fish was stupid. A waste of time. I never thought fish were cute, I didn't ever look at fish at the pet shops.... then... a dream changed my views... and my life.

I am a graduate from high school, but in my Junior year and senior year I joined a marine biology and oceanology extra curricular course called, OCEANBOWl. I hated it, but by senior year, I wanted to do it again! I had fallen in love with orcas. I never cared much for the sea or for sealife, but I had a dream about an orca, I don't recall it, but for some reason it stayed. Come to find out it is one of my 'Power animals*' *More info. later.

This sprun into me changing my whole room into ocean and orca themed....

which sparked my need for research of other sealife... and the start of my first tank.

A 1.5 gal tank... filled to the brim with poor sick fish. Only ONE fish out of many made it and I have it still. My first fish ever. A little red male platy. (pictured below in b/w in first tank.)




So that tank sprung to a 10 gal. which was quickly transformed to a 40 gal.

Currently I have 3 tanks up ad running.

The 40 gal. community tank, a 10 gal tank with a pink female convict cichlid, and a 20 gal. reserved for saltwater fish. It is currently empty and cycling. Getting ready for a batfish.


But here is my blog. So that I may talk all I want to about fish, without annoying all the people I know with my constant fish talk. Enjoy, my fellow fishy friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment